- Dr. Lin was appointed as a charter member of the Medical Imaging (MEDI) study section by National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Scott Thalman (a MD/PhD candidate in Biomedical Engineering) was appointed as a NIH/NIA T32 scholar by Sanders-Brown Center on Aging of the University of Kentucky.
- Jared Hoffman (a PhD candidate in Nutritional Sciences) was awarded and selected for oral presentation at the Keystone Symposium on Manipulation of Gut Microbiota for Metabolic Health in Banff, Alberta, Canada.
- David Ma and Jennifer Lee (Dunbar MSTC High School students) received 1st and 2nd place awards, receptively, in Transnational Medicine Science at the Central Kentucky Regional Science Fair.
- David Ma was accepted to Harvard, Yale, and Stanford Class 2022.
- Scott Thalman and David Ma received travel awards to attend 2018 annual meeting of International Society for Magnetic Resonance in Medicine (ISMRM) in Paris, France.
- David Ma was qualified for the INTEL International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) in Pittsburgh, PA.
- David Ma received the 3rd place Grand Award in the Translational Medicine in ISEF!
- Dr. Lin was awarded $2.88 million from the National Institute on Aging (NIA) to study a drug’s potential to prevent Alzheimer’s disease.
- Dr. Lin was invited to be an ad hoc member for the Medical Imaging (MEDI) study section of the National Institutes of Health (NIH).
- Dr. Lin received pilot grant award from the Oklahoma Nathan Shock Center for Excellence in the Basic Biology of Aging.
- Dr. Lin was invited to serve as a Guest Associate Editor of Frontiers in Aging Neuroscience, hosting a Research Topic on “Metabolic and Vascular Imaging Biomarkers for Brain Aging and Alzheimer’s Disease”
- Jared Hoffman was appointed as a NIH/NIDDK T32 scholar by the Nutritional Sciences Program of the University of Kentucky.
- Jared Hoffman and Ishita Parikh were awarded Young Investigator Bursary Travel Award by the BRAIN 2017 meeting in Berlin, Germany.
- Scott Thalman successfully completed the PhD qualifying exam.
- David Ma was selected for oral presentation at the 2017 Experimental Biology meeting in Chicago, IL.
- David Ma received a Poster Award from the Markesbery Symposium on Aging and Dementia of the University of Kentucky.
- Jennifer Lee (a Dunbar MSTC High School student) received 2nd place award in the Translational Medicine Sciences Category at the Central Kentucky Regional Sciences and Engineering Fair.
- Dr. Lin was recognized as a Top 15 Young Investigator by the Charleston Conference in Alzheimer’s Disease (CCAD).
- Dr. Lin received one of the three New Vision Awards from CCAD and Donors Cure Foundation.
- Jared Hoffman successfully completed the PhD qualifying exam.
- Amy Wang and David Ma (Dunbar MSTC High School students) were selected as finalists for the INTEL International Science and Engineering Fair (ISEF) competition and received 3rd Place Grand Award in the category of Translational Medical Science and 2nd place of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists Special Award.
- Amy Wang was accepted to Harvard, MIT, Stanford, Duke, Purdue Class 2021.
- Dr. Lin received a pilot award from the Alzheimer’s Disease Center (ADC) and Center for Clinical and Transnational Science (CCTS) of University of Kentucky to study Rapamycin effects on restoring brain functions in APOE4 carriers.
- Janet Guo (a Dunbar MSTC High School student) received 1st place in the Behavioral Sciences Category at the Central Kentucky Regional Science and Engineering Fair, and an American Psychological Association Award.
- Janet Guo’s publication entitled ” Early shifts of brain metabolism by caloric restriction preserve white matter integrity and long-term memory in aging mice”. was a feature article on Front. Aging Neurosci.’s social media: Facebook and Twitter . (> 10,099 views as of February 15, 2018).
- Janet Guo was accepted to UC Berkeley, Emory, and Northeastern University Class 2020.